Thursday 10 January 2013

Midnight "Scary stories"

"Once upon a time there was Handsome Prince called Mummy! And there was Veer the Knight! Daddy was a Wizard..", my 4 yr old pauses playfully to soak in the effect of his words on his giggling Mummy! He's telling me a Scary story since he wasn't much impressed by the we-all-must-share story I told him earlier. Sensing that he doesn't know how to continue his story now that the main characters have been drawn, I ask "Do they all get lost in a scary forest?". 
Picking up my que he quickly gushes "Yes! They were lost in Very Scary Forest! There was a big Draagonn! He breathed fire Everywhere!" Veer's eyes are now dancing, all lit up with the excitement of his plot! 

"Oh no! Not the scary Dragon! Mummy is very scared now!"

"Don't worry Mama, Veer the knight fight with the scary dragon with his Big shiny sword...and the dragon falls in the POND!"

"Oh! Veer is such a brave knight! I love him very much"

"Veer the knight climbs over the castle wall and rescues Mama the Prince!"

"But Mummy is a Girl..she's a princess not a prince"

" oh yeah! And the dragon is in the pond with the Sharks!"

"what about Daddy wizard?"

"oh! He's playing magic tricks somewhere!" lol...Hilarious!

Veer like any 4 year old has a vivid imagination. In his eyes I can see how he imagines these characters and roles in his mind, almost bringing them to life! He tries to narrate the movie playing in his head but most times words can't keep up with the speed of his thoughts. Absolutely precious. It's the first story of many to come! He's sleeping fitfully now besides me..
sleep tight my little Knight!

And here's hoping I do too!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment